Discussion: Alan Moore Entertains
Afficher un message
Vieux 23/09/2009, 02h52
Ivan Rebroff Ivan Rebroff est déconnecté
acratopège dilettante

Ivan Rebroff change la caisse du Fauve
Tales Of The Green Lantern Corps Annual #2.
L'homme qui a écrit le scénario du film The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, James Robinson, réagit au buzz qu'Alan Moore a créé autour de sa personne en dénigrant Blackest Night et l'état du comic-book mainstream:

Citation:
Posté par James Robinson
I was thinking about Alan Moore’s remarks about Blackest Night. And albeit this is me, here, the guy who made such a mess of LOEG but he’s basically saying that comics are dead because they dare to draw from past continuity, which is actually I believe one of the appeals of comics to some degree. Comics are a medium that has since the 60s at least built stories on the stories that have gone before.

As to the subject of originality, let’s not forget that while the stories Moore has told were incredible and Watchmen may well be a work of genius, with the exception of Big Numbers which was never finished, everything of note he’s written was the reinterpretation of someone else’s work. Marvelman, Swamp Thing, Watchmen (Charlton heroes) even From Hell (although he denies it) borrows greatly from Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution by Stephen Knight which was very much the read du jour back in the day.

And let’s not forget that Watchmen, as brilliant as it was, had an ending taken from an episode of the Outer Limits. I know this sounds mean, but all I’m saying is that comics are a medium where one creator feeds off the work of others. That’s the nature of the beast (I guess I should amend that to say superhero comics). I love reading Moore’s work, but I find a sliver of hypocrisy in him taking such holier than though view of things. But then as talented as he is, if he has a flaw it, it’s that he’s always taken himself too seriously.

Oh and while I list the major works of Moore that wouldn’t exist without the prior work of others how could I forget Lost Girls and LOEG? Now him being a warlock and all he’s probably going to send a homunculus to get me. It’s taken me this long to train the one have to do the dishes. I don’t know if I have the patience to go through that all over again. And my apartment building has a rule about too many pets.
Il présente les arguments que tous ceux que l'interview de Moore a interpellé négativement ont produit: beaucoup d'écrits de Moore reposent sur des histoires passées. Quand le barbu de Northampton semblait davantage dire que beaucoup d'histoires de super-héros sont des redites à peine réactualisées. Mais bon, il est toujours plus facile de défendre une forteresse assiégée que de tenter de se demander pourquoi elle l'est, pour commencer.
Je ne cherche pas à faire dégénérer quoi que ce soit, je pense que Moore voulait faire parler de lui, du haut de son siège sur la montagne, et il y a réussi parfaitement. La réflexion de Robinson est symptomatique de nombreuses réactions lues sur le ouaibe: on s'en prend à ses œuvres dont l'armature repose sur des idées du passé, on oublie commodément les autres (Halo Jones, V for Vendetta, Promethea, A Small Killing...), on entreprend de faire le procès de ce plagiat sans originalité, et on en oublie de réfléchir à la gueule actuelle de l'industrie du comic-book de super-héros (pas toi, scarlet ).
Réponse avec citation