Discussion: R.I.P. Ed Piskor
Afficher un message
Vieux 03/04/2024, 16h51
ollieno ollieno est connecté maintenant
Des Figues , des bananes,
-Gardien du Temple--Gardien du Temple-

ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !
Michel Fiffe aussi a décidé de s'exprimer

Citation:
Michel Fiffe
·
Art Trade: I drew a piece for Hip Hop Family Tree back in 2014. A few years later, I called upon Ed to draw something for my Bloodstrike comic. In fact, I called him immediately after Rob Liefeld greenlit the project himself. Ed contributed this wonderful Dutch piece.
We shared a mutual love of Rob, and not in some bullshit ironic way. We grew up with his work and followed his career throughout the decades. So getting to work with Rob, in our respective instances, was genuinely cool.
A couple of days ago, Rob posted a reel in response to the Ed Piskor news. He mentioned the severity of internet aggression. You know it’s bad when it gives *Rob Liefeld* pause, a guy who had to field hostile editors from the word go, who had to watch fandom turn on him when it was no longer cool to like him, and was an easy target for early online mockery. The guy is made of teflon.
But not all of us are made of teflon. And even if we were, piling on is too easy, it’s lazy, it dilutes the real point. The Ed situation deserved scrutiny and accountability, but when the mockery went full speed ahead, it was a losing battle.
We lost a big voice in the field, in this tiny fucking field. But his work lives on.
I love that Dutch piece.