Précédent   Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après. > > News & Buzz > News VO

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage

Vieux 02/10/2017, 19h01
scarletneedle scarletneedle est déconnecté
#TeamNoPeineàjouir
-Gardien du Temple-

scarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlk
Dark Horse News Dark Horse VO

Pour une nouvelle saison 2016/2017 les news Dark Horse seront regroupées dans ce sujet.
Retrouvez le sujet de la saison précédente ici.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 20/07/2024, 18h56
#TeamNoPeineàjouir
-Gardien du Temple-

scarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlkscarletneedle sait prononcer Mxyzptlk
Source The Hollywood Reporter

Kelly Thompson et David Lopez refont équipe et cette fois chez le cheval sombre avec FML une mini-série en 8 épisodes débutant en octobre :

Citation:
Five years (and a few abandoned ideas) later, the seeds planted at that dinner are now a reality. The duo is teaming for FML, an eight-issue comic from Dark Horse due out in November.

For DeConnick, the book is deeply personal, as her teenage son and daughter helped inspire the surreal coming-of-age series centering on the relationship between a mother and her son.

Issue No. 1 is narrated by Riley, a heavy metal kid who uses his ballpoint pen and notepad to process the horrors of modern high school life — from active shooter drills to social anxiety. Issue No. 2 is told from the perspective of Riley’s mother, an aging punk cartoonist with a true-crime obsession. Together, the two narratives paint a picture of a mother and son trying to survive a Portland plagued by wildfires and the coronavirus pandemic. Against that backdrop, there’s a murder mystery — and even the transformation of a character into a monster.

As DeConnick notes, her son is growing up in a moment in which conversations around masculinity often have the word “toxic” used in association. That has DeConnick grappling with how to help guide her son as he heads toward adulthood, and it’s a theme she poured into the book.

“I want my kids to be able to wrap their brains around the idea that there have been ways that a toxic framing of masculinity has been behind a lot of bad behavior,” DeConnick tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It doesn’t mean that it’s a bad thing to be a man.”

Though the mom, brother and sister characters in FML have similarities to the author and her children, the family has discussed how a character is not the person who inspired it.

“It’s just a starting place of an idea,” says DeConnick, who adds her kids have embraced being involved in the book. “My aim is not to embarrass you. Even if we all agree that that character is not you, I still don’t want you to be made uncomfortable by anything.”

DeConnick and López are joined by colorist Cris Peter and letterer Clayton Cowles, both of whom worked with DeConnick on Bitch Planet, her most recent creator owned title, which ran from 2014-17.

The scribe notes that the comic book industry has changed quite a bit in the decade since she launched Bitch Planet. It’s harder than ever to draw attention to projects, so she is experimenting with new ways to engage readers. She put Easter eggs into her newsletter, including one that directed people to a website for a fictional band featured in FML. A savvy reader even messaged the band, asking to book them for a wedding. DeConnick is also exploring appearances on true-crime podcasts, given the book’s connection to the genre.

As for getting to once again work with López, DeConnick notes that he seemingly draws faster than she writes, and he is not afraid to kill his darlings. “He doesn’t mind tossing things out,” says DeConnick of the artist, who is more than willing to discard pages if better ideas come along.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/08/2024, 19h21
#TeamNoPeineàjouir
-Gardien du Temple-

Source Newsarama

Citation:
It's a busy few months for Hellboy fans, with a new (and Mike Mignola approved) movie on the way. Now, Newsarama can exclusively reveal that a two-issue sequel to one of the best Hellboy comics of recent years is also incoming.

Giant Robot Hellboy Returns is the follow up to last year's limited series, which saw Big Red become a Big Mech. Giant Robot Hellboy Returns will once again by written by Mike Mignola himself and drawn by Duncan Fegredo, colorist Dave Stewart, and letterer Clem Robins. Fegredo will also be handling the series' main covers. A variant cover by Our Bones Dust artist Ben Stenbeck (pictured in the gallery below) will be available for #1, with #2 receiving a variant from James Harren.

"What started as a funny drawing – A joke – has taken on a life of its own," said Mignola in a statement about the new comic. "And watching Duncan breathe life into this thing is pure joy."

Dark Horse's official synopsis for the first issue gives us a hint of the story – and it sounds like Hellboy will be embarking on an undersea odyssey in the new comic:

"After Hellboy is kidnapped and connected to a massive mecha-Hellboy for a mission on a mysterious, faraway island, Giant Robot Hellboy disappears. Scientists comb the sea looking for him but find more than they bargained for when an interdimensional portal threatens to pull them in – or let monsters of unknown origin out."

Giant Robot Hellboy Returns #1 will be published by Dark Horse Comics sometime in 2025.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/08/2024, 19h26
EsseJi EsseJi est connecté maintenant
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Et j'y retourne!
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Règles de messages